Fullbody sketch commission for ~Thalron
of his absolutely fantastic character from Sekkai Fractures, Garboil!
Absolutely amazing commission, I had so much fun doing this one! It feels really refreshing to work on a more unique dragon design once in a while.
I really hope you don't mind I took a lot of creative liberty with Garboil's design, but I tried to match everything as close to your description as possible c:
Some design points:
- Slender but musculature frame, covered mostly in large bony scales, these scales are light and hollow for easy flight
- Bells hung from horn (just added this in because I read about Garboil's love for little bells and windchimes!)
- Long claws, forearms and calves have long bladed scales
- Two pairs of wings (inspired by pterodactyls), thin and very long, good for soaring and long flight.
- Long bladed bony scales cover the 'thumb' joint on each wingArrrrgh the scanner is the devil, worked on getting rid of the dirty marks/scratches for an hour. Drawing ended up getting a little bit too pale as well ~ Mechanical F pencil, A5 size, 1-2 hours (incl. research and planning/thumbs)Copyright art to me, please do NOT use without me and the commissioners written permission. Thank you!
Copyright character (Garboil) to ~Thalron